Monday, May 11, 2009

MGB GT Update..

Not alot going on this week MG wise, other than having dreams of the top down, and having traffic conditions like the beginning of "vanilla Sky". But we've done alot of work on my Dad's 1970 MGBGT as of late. Here's the rundown:

1. New Alternator.
2. New Battery
3. SERIOUS Valve Adjustments
4. Carb adjustments
5. New electric fuel pump
6. New points and condenser
7. New Plugs and Wires

overall this small list has really made the difference!

Dad Said that one day after a ride, he came home for about 10 minutes, went back out to the car, tried to start it up, and no go! I think it's the thermostat (it's one thing we haven't Replaced). However I took a ride with him this past Saturday, and I really romped on it via back roads and some highway miles. Overall it's a cool ride, albeit she's definitely looking on the rough side. Dad's debating a Maaco Paint job.

For his B-day I got Dad some battery boxes and some wiper blades and other detail items. This weekend he's off to Cape Cod, and I'm hoping to "borrow" the car and install those items!

I think we'll change the thermostat before the first show over at Larz Anderson and we'll be all set!

No comments: