Monday, June 22, 2009

Another new addition to the family..

Well my VERY generous cousin GAVE me his late model MGB. My Aunt asked me a month or so ago if I wanted to buy it, I said I'd love to but i have no $ for it. With my cousin Steve knee deep in 2 MGA's he says he won't have time to take care of it, and my Aunt wants it out of the driveway, so he gave it to me! It's a late 70's model with rubber bumpers and Minilite wheels. It's in rough shape, it needs rockers, doglegs, and possibly new fenders and the engine is questionable. But it's FREE. I'm hoping to get it out of his driveway next week, and into the garage to further assess the situation. It may just end up being a parts car. Ideally I'd like to get it running over this winter, and use it next summer/spring as my daily driver. THEN perhaps go nuts on it..Sebring bumper kit, V8 engine/5speed, shaved door handles/trim. My head's swimming just thinking about it!. This pic is it's best side. I'll keep you posted as to it's progress/situation!

No comments: